Wednesday, July 22, 2020

A Prayer to Yield

Then he said to them, "Is it legal on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?" But they said nothing. Looking around at them with anger, deeply grieved at their unyielding hearts, he said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." So he did, and his hand was made healthy.
                                                                                                Mark 3:4-5

O God, show me when to speak,
   how to speak, and what to say.
May my heart yield to you and your way.
May I be one who loves, who does good,
   who places life ove rules.
May I practice ahimsa, seeking always to do no harm.
Lord, you know I burn inside with desire for justice and mercy.
Show me the right use of the fire within me, so it brings light and warmth,
   but not harmful destruction.
Let my life bring healing in the world.
Show me your way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment